The Early Learning Alliance Network took initial steps towards informing the impact of COVID-19 on the needs of families with young children. Designing a survey instrument to capture input the Early Learning Alliance Network team worked with their network of community coalition leaders and preschool/childcare leaders to gather immediate needs of families.
COVID-19 Family Impact Survey
Our team was pleased to provide a survey with a custom data dashboard to nine counties throughout Indiana. In all the Early Learning Alliance Network collected data from over 3,000 Hoosier families of young children.
The results empowered community leaders to take immediate action and focus efforts where families needed support. Actions that were taken as a result of data included:
- Working with city and county officials to address immediate needs in housing and utility payments.
- Identify childcare opportunities for first responders.
- Collect targeted goods for local food pantries.
- Address PPE needs for operational childcare programs.
- May available additional remote mental health supports targeted at families and parents.
Our work in addressing the needs of families during COVID-19 is ongoing. To include your community in family/parent data collection efforts reach out.